Supplies are needed
- Construction paper or newspaper
- Adhesive tape or glue
- Cardboard for a base
- Narrow wooden dowel
- Use three sheets of eight and a half by eleven inches of construction paper. On the sheet of paper you want to form the base of your shopping cart, draw a line in the horizontal direction, three and a half inches from the top, and another in the horizontal direction, three and a half inches from the bottom. These lines help in laying out the base.
- Then cut the paper lengthwise into five-inch-wide strips.
- With plain white paper, you can paint your favorite color.
- Place eight strips of paper side by side so that the lines on each strip point upwards to form a solid line.
- From the top line, weave another strip of the same color through the stripes you put on, over one strip, and under the next. Center the strip horizontally with respect to the strips you have applied.
- Use another strip of the same color to weave the strip in the opposite way as the first. This strip is passed under the strips that the first one you have woven laid on top. Then slide the strips together, making sure the edges are straight.
- Your finished base will be four by four square centimeters and fit into the line you drew on the first launch.
Weaving around the basket
You need to glue strips together to make it around your basket, and you can place the seams on the sides of the basket. They will have the seamless look.
Next, weave around the basket and when you have reached the end, you can also use tape. Hide the seams in the same way as before.
Be sure to switch between the top and bottom of the strips to make a checkerboard pattern with the strips from the base. Repeat this step until you reach the top of the basket.
Now glue the ends of the base strips onto the upper fabric strip. Then glue or glue a slightly wider strip of the base paint onto the top of the basket on the inside and place it on the vertical strips. Add a panel to the outside of the basket and attach it to both the inside and outside of the basket.
Before you add the top plate, you might want to attach a handle with one of the strips, or you can cut a fancy handle with curves or rounded edges.
These baskets can be impregnated with flour and water solutions and wait until they are dry before being used as a plant holder or for trifles.
The solution dries clear so you can see the print from the newspaper when you use it, and the color of the design paper when you use the design paper.
Another thought is that you can design the construction paper before cutting it for the basket.
Just another thought, if you want to do this before you start cutting the paper.